Having had surgery, it is hard to get positioned to sleep comfortably.
The past nights after my operation, I get all comfy and wouldn't you know it, you get a wedgie! So you try to get that all situated and you aren't sleepy anymore.
Then you finally get groggy and you wake yourself up snorting and snoring.
Last night, I flailed all over the bed and just never felt like I went to a full deep sleep. It might have been the pain meds, it might have been that I have slept so much I am not tired, who knows? Our Boston Terrier puppy, Mikey sleeps with us too. He senses something is not quite right with me as he has been licking me incessantly. Mikey also has been laying next to me, I guess to protect me and to offer me comfort in his best doggie way. What a sweetie he is.
My mom died 2 months ago, and we got her bed, box springs and mattress. I also have her comforter and bedding. So don't think I am some warped weirdo who sleeps with my mama at age 49. Anyway, this morning after my sweet husband left early, I got up and wandered into the spare bedroom and I crawled into my mama's bed. It was warm, soft and I finally got the rest I needed. There must be something about sleeping in the warmth of your mother's bed. She is gone physically but the smell and comfort of her bed invited me to a peaceful slumber and the rest I finally needed.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Comfort of Mama's bed
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Marilyn,
I have not regretted having my GB taken out, and I feel better every passing day. It is awesome to eat and not get sick. I know you have experienced that sickness too.
I just love you for who you are dear sister! If I were there, I would be your taxi!
Love,
Karen
Your mother's bed is a great picture of the comfort of our heavenly parent. Abba embraces you in the warmth of His grace. Rest in His comfort and strength.
"Oh how I wanted to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks..."
Gather us, Lord.
Post a Comment