Recently I applied to a job at my church for a secretarial opening.
The job was advertised in our weekly newsletter. I was called into the minister's office who is hiring and was told I would be getting a call the next week to interview.
That week, I was sick as a dog with a bad cold, fever, ear infections and did not get a call, from either from the church or from a job I interviewed the week prior.
To make a long story short, I emailed the minister twice, and he finally emailed me this:
We made some initial changes to our organizational structure including anticipated staff needs. I had someone in mind immediately but the timing was wrong. Over the last 6 weeks I have come to the conclusion that what we thought we needed and what we actually need might be different. As a result, I am postponing any additional staff until the next fiscal year which is in January. By that time I will have a clearer picture of exactly what we need and will be in a better position to make that decision.
God is good and never put your hope, trust and faith in any man.
It is humbling when you realize you don't fit in don't jive with any of the cliques and wonder what in the world you are doing there.
Stepping off my soap box and not going to let this defeat me or allow the ole evil one a foot hold.
Psalm's 74:26 ~ My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Disappointment
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Hi! I popped in from Jetty Betty's place. And, since I've been dealing with the 'cruddy yud' since Thursday I can commiserate with you! :)
My aunt lives in Midland and my cousin (her son) is a lawyer there. Small world, isn't it?
I'm sorry to hear about the job search. Maybe it was a blessing in disquise this week since you have been sick.
Blessings....
Hang in there.
The right spot is out there.
Girl, this is getting ridiculous! How are you putting bread on the table???
A prediction. You'll get the job. *fingers crossed*
Looking for a job is such a bummer--there's not much that's less fun for me--well perhaps a root canal or something--but anyway, I am praying God will provide you with a wonderful job really soon--and you will feel like it was worth the wait!
Strange that a church would advertise for a position then decide the timing was wrong!
Cliques in the church can certainly take the luster off what God intended fellowship to be. I have often observed churches where you were nobody until you were able to rub elbows with certain members; this is not right. We are always somebody to our Lord, whether we fit into the narrow mold of some clicque is irrevelant.
God bless you in your efforts to find employment. Keep your chin up, God loves you.
Ex'cuse the spellin arrors in my previous post, prehaps ye can stil make some cents out off it. :)
I published when I should have previewed.
I went to church this morning...and I did not want to be there. BUT, I had to. It was my week to run the computer (Easy Worship). Yes, I am the one who holds the power to make or break the ENTIRE worship service.
One of the elders comes in and prays before the start of service, and as much as I resisted letting my guard down, it was futile. The prayer was just for me. I slowly let go of my frustration and itsy bitsy grudge that was forming.
I will continue to give of myself inspite of what happened with the job. I will give generously of my money, time and love.
Isn't that what it is all about, it certainly is not about me.
You might be a perfect fit in Januray!
I just saw something you had commented on JettyBetty's blog and came over to see your blog. I just want to encourage you with Father's faithfulness. He is teaching His children to trust Him, is refining us, and breaking the hold the world has on us. Since so much of that is tied into finances, so many of us are being tried in that area. He really means it when He says He we cannot serve mammon and Him. I know how hard it is, but be encouraged, this is His good work.
Anyway, I thought maybe you would like to read something I wrote as a testimony to His faithfulness. It is here.
May G-d bless you, strengthen you, and give you His shalom!
Love and shalom,
Serena
btw, when you are His, you never do seem to fit in! It's okay because we fit just how He wants us in His Body(and that is not the same as the institutional church).
I wouldn't worry about it, maybe he just realized that they didn't need any more office personel...I'm sure the right job will come along soon. Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment