THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Icy Roads, Jeep Cherokee, and a safe daughter


My youngest daughter left Abilene this morning to go to her dad's for the Christmas Break from ACU. She has big plans for the break, to work, sleep, and be in a friends wedding and prepare to be co-director for her club for Sing Song (ACU thing) in February.

On her way to Dallas, she went over an overpass in Weatherford and her Jeep went airborne and she flipped. By the grace of God she landed upside down, safe and sound in her vehicle. Two kind gentlemen were behind her and saw the entire thing and stopped and stayed with her until a tow truck took her totaled wheels to the impound lot. Her father arrived 3 1/2 hours later, due to the slick roads and congestion. They left for Dallas and finally arrived at their destination 4 hours later.

What a day! I am thanking God for traveling mercies and rebuking Satan.
God is good and I am thankful she is all right. She will be going to the doctor (Dr. Mike) in the morning to get checked out. Every phone call she burst into tears, feeling bad for what happened. As any parent would say, cars can be replaced but you cannot. Thank you God.

5 comments:

Peggy N Texas said...

So glad to hear she is okay. What a scary time.

Our youngest daughter, Melinda was going back to Lubbock from Beaumont a couple of years ago and did a donut on I10, unintentionally of course. Thankfully, there were no other vehicles close when it happened and she was okay, but it scared the bejeppers out of her. There was another car of friends in the caravan and she was able to leave her truck in Trent, Texas at the church building, with a note on it and ride the rest of the way with the others. She got her truck later in the week.

We have teased her that it was an omen. She is now dating a guy named 'Trent'! I don't guess I know too many guys named 'Weatherford'?!?

Anyway, glad to know she is okay and you are okay with her. Another grey hair added!

BTW, my parents are doing great!

Peggy

Hoots Musings said...

Peggy, Thank you for you kind sentiment. I am also happy that your sweet parents are doing well, they are such awesome people.

I am thankful the men who stopped to help her were so kind. Talk about a God thing!

Sara said...

God really does answer prayers before we even know to pray. What a wonderful Christmas testimony for your family to reflect upon. I'm praying for the Holy Spirit to bring her His peace so she can get on with her plans. God bless you all!!

Fred said...

Whew! I had a similar incident with a Jeep Cherokee outside of Washingon D.C. Somehow, I was able to right the vehicle, but I was very scared. I'm so glad everything is fine, thank God.

Nancy French said...

What a scary, treacherous time. I can't imagine having a daughter even able to drive....

Life takes courage, doesn't it?