THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Job from Hades



This will be posted in Parts. This is part 1 of my job with the sociopath. Names of the institution and people have been changed to protect the innocent and not so innocent. When all is said and done, what would have done?


I wish to file a formal complaint against Sue Bash concerning her treatment of me. What follows below are the factual details.

On or about June 14, 2005, Ms. Bash gave me the new employee HR folders. First of all, I stood at her desk for over an hour awaiting training. When she did finally get to me, I had to stand and take notes. Her training style is not sequential. She explains every article in the file and then tells me why it is in there, and goes off in another direction supporting why of the pending task. She also made changes to the set-up of the files and had me pulling off labels and reclassifying the new files; which were not uniform with the existing HR files, it was as if she was making it up as she went along. As for me, I am a sequential learner. Show me how, give me the facts and turn me loose. I had over two (2) pages of notes on this process, and had never seen the HR forms and the immigration forms, nor had I ever seen a new emploee HR file. There were immigration forms that went in the file and she quickly went over the status of the immigration. There were also duplicate emails, and other duplicate documentation, and nothing was to be thrown away, just filed. At this point, I became more and more confused as she continued, and I became lost trying to stay with her and follow her mandates. I finally took the HR files and began to work on them. I heard her comment to my co-worker, Dee Puddles, that I should be finished with the files before lunch, mind you she has only given them to me 30 minutes before. Ms. Bash fails to convey ideas in a manner which are logical, sequential, and concise.

At the end of the day, Ms. Bash spoke to Dee Puddles and me at her desk. She was explaining the “New” computer software training that would be forthcoming in July, 2005. Ms. Bash informed me that she and Dee would attend the training and she would then train me on the “New” software program. I told her in a calm, appropiate and professional manner that I preferred Dee Puddles train me on the software as Ms. Bash’s and my learning styles were very different. I also told her that she overloaded me on information earlier that day and I could only handle so much information in increments. I told her it was to her advantage that Dee teach me the software, also knowing full well that Dee had worked with the program more than Ms. Bash and Dee was more comfortable and familiar with it. I believe that speaking up for myself was professional and responsible in regard to my job duties I have since discovered from Dee Puddles that Ms. Bash went to her cubicle after I left for the day and made a derogatory comment regarding my statement on training. Ms. Bash’s statement does not promote team-building for a new employee. It also alienates a co-worker to be placed in a position where her supervisor is making unprofessional comments regarding another. I realize Ms. Bash wanted to be fully responsible for my training plan, however long that may have been. I have reported the above stated events in hopes of attempting to convey how truly difficult it can be to interface and engage with Ms. Bash in a manner that benefits the greater good of the job at hand.

4 comments:

Fred said...

I would confront Sue Bsh directly about the remark. It would put her on notice that talking behind your back isn't appopriate and you won't stand for it. Looking forward to see how this unfolds.

Hoots Musings said...

Fred, I knew you would comment.
Sue Bash, in my opinion, is a sociopath, and she lies at her convenience, when it benefits her.

You shall see, I was busy changing names this afternoon for the next post.

Karen

Frank Bellizzi said...

When I read this, the isolation of working with a single-staff Church of Christ in New England doesn't seem so bad.

Frank Bellizzi said...

But I'm still coming to Campbellite Country!