THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Boo Boo flub of the year

I am not certain many of you are aware that my husband and I are a team for our church's multi-media team. I run the Easy Worship, which consists of running the whole song service, powerpoint, basically holding the stick and driving the worship service. My husband has a degree in Broadcasting and he is the control man. He handles the lights and communicates to the camera men what to do, and a lot more.

Sunday morning, our regular worship leader was out of town. Our substitute is a wonderful man named Burke Brack. Burke is Scottish, kind, funny, a feel good person everyone wants to be around, and he can sing BEAUTIFULLY!

The Easy Worship program is touchy. We sang the first song, and to advance to the next one, you press Page Down. Well, apparently, I have a lead finger and punched Page Down too hard and advanced to the song past where we were in the program. Burke went on with the designated song, and I was sitting there with no clue what was going on.

Burke stopped the worship after I got straightened out (thank you Brenda) and asked the congregation to thank the multi-media team. Many in the congrgation stood up and applauded. My face was beet red, and Burke took the fall for my big boo boo.

After worship I found him and thanked him for his graciousness and told him I was the one who made the mistake, and you know what he did? He told me how much he appreciates me and the work I do, etc. He blessed me inspite of my mistake and eased my apparent lack of paying attention.

Thank you Burke!

3 comments:

Nancy French said...

I love the new site! Goregous.

Hoots Musings said...

Thanks Nancy, if anyone knows how to add my photo to the front page, let me know.

David Michael said...

"We sand the first song." I know very little about broadcasting. I didn't know songs needed sanding!