THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Idol

Tonight's American Idol was a disappointment.
I thought Kelly Pickler was awful, Lisa the first gal out of the chute was off key, and Bucky talked like he had a bucket of manure in his mouth.

Maybe the contestants were just tired. I even thought Chris' Creed song was flat.
The best, in my opinion were Elliott, Ace and Taylor.

***********************
Moving on
***********************

If you have elderly parents listen up. I work for large national mortgage company. Last week a very elderly couple came in stating they had paid off their home loan, and yet they were getting calls asking why they had not made their March payment.

After I gathered all the facts, I called our servicing department. I explained the scenario to the rep and she informed me the wire transfer to pay off their home loan never was received. She said the words that made a chill go up my spine, fraud.

My first thought was someone stole their mail and got their loan number and told them the note had been called, giving them wire information for the transfer of funds.

I was called their bank. I had the bank statement and saw the wire transfer for $13,000 debited from their account. I insisted the wire department check on the wire. After being on hold for a few minutes, the wire manager told me the wire did not reach its destination and the money was credited back into the couples account the next day.

Being a mother hen, I gave the sweet couple the good news. They still wanted to pay off the loan. I encouraged them to get a cashier's check and bring it back in so we could overnight it the same day.

The happy ending is the check arrived and I tracked the shipment making sure the money had been received at its final destination. It gave me great joy to call the family and tell them the money was there. The little lady told me, "Now I can sleep tonight."

If you have a home loan, never never believe anyone solicting on behalf of your loan company. Never never pay off a loan without getting a cashier's check and have your account number imprinted on the front.

4 comments:

David Michael said...

Manure?

What a wonderful story! I am sure you made their day!

Danny said...

Hi, saw your name on the blog of our mutual friend John Dobbs and just thought I would check it out. Very nice story.

Hoots Musings said...

David,
I decided not to use the "S" word, so manure was the best substitute!

Jada's Gigi said...

I'm with you on Idol this week...Lisa had to go.
AS for the mortgage, what a great feeling to know how much peace of mind you brought that couple. and thanks for the tip about mortgage payoff.