I discovered this on my step-daughter's blog. She is 18 and a college freshman at a Christian College.
My husband is not the custodial parent, and he did pay child support and college tuition for her and her sister. She lives in a state that is on the atlantic seaboard.
What would you do and how would you handle this, esp. the part where her dad is referred to as a dickhead.
TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF - The Survey
Name: Jan
Right Handed or Left Handed: Right Handed
Your Heritage:Italian
The Shoes You Wore Today: heals
Your Weakness: hott shoes
Your Fears: clowns
Your Perfect Pizza: New York Style cheese pizza
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: pass all my classes!!!
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger: "hahahaha"
Thoughts First Waking Up:"shit...it's morning already!"
Your Best Physical Feature:most guys like my boobs...
Your Bedtime:midnight
Your Most Missed Memory:showing horses
Pepsi or Coke:pepsi
MacDonalds or Burger King:macdonalds
Single or Group Dates:single
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea:nestea
Chocolate or Vanilla:chocolate
Cappuccino or Coffee:cappuccino
Do you Smoke:only when i drink...
Do you Swear:sad to say but yes...
Do you Sing:only when i want to scare people!
Do you Shower Daily:truthfully...every other day...
Have you Been in Love:yes
Do you want to go to College:i'm in college...duh
Do you want to get Married:yes
Do you belive in yourself:yes i do
Do you get Motion Sickness:only when i read in a car
Do you think you are Attractive:some days...
Are you a Health Freak: no not at all...
Do you get along with your Parents:only my mom...my dad's a dickhead
Do you like Thunderstorms:YES!
Do you play an Instrument:um...no
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol:yes...
In the past month have you Smoked:yes...
In the past month have you been on Drugs:no...
In the past month have you gone on a Date:no...
In the past month have you gone to a Mall:YES!
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos:no...
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: no...
In the past month have you been on Stage:yea i walked on it by accident!
In the past month have you been Dumped: NO!
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping: no...lil too chilly outside
In the past month have you Stolen Anything:um...yes a Yoda PEZ dispencer from Wal-Mart!
Ever been Drunk:yes...
Ever been called a Tease:YES...
Ever been Beaten up:hell no...
Ever Shoplifted:yes...
How do you want to Die: in my sleep!
What do you want to be when you Grow Up:I have no effing clue!
What country would you most like to Visit:I would love to visit Italy again...
In a Boy/Girl..
Favourite Eye Color:blue...but it doesn't really matter!
Favourite Hair Color:brown
Short or Long Hair:SHORT!!!
Height: taller than me!
Weight: i dont know...normal!
Best Clothing Style:prep
Number of Drugs I have taken: just one...
Number of CDs I own:um...i dont know i own an Ipod...
Number of Piercings:6
Number of Tattoos:none
Number of things in my Past I Regret:tons!
Sunday, April 30, 2006
My Space
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Funny you should post this. Just this weekend we discovered a very disturbing myspace account for a local kid who goes to our church and his family has been friends of my family for as many years as I can remember. It's very disturbing. Goes with us to Winterfest each year with the youth group, but has been changing in the past few years. Lots of foul language on his site. Admits he doesn't believe in God. Very much a supporter of the gay lifestyle, although he says he isn't gay. Very, Very disturbing. His mom is going through a lot and I was approached by someone who found this info too and now wants to do something about it, like talk with his mom. The mom has recently gone through a divorce and is in a horrible place emotionally. It's all such a mess. I've spend the better part of this afternoon and evening thinking about all this.
I'm with you, totally at a loss of what to do.
Parents of teens need a class on this IMHO--most of them have NO idea it's even out there. With kids this age it's such a sensitive situation--but some parent needs to know it's out there--and how to deal with it. (I also think teens put stuff they don't really mean on myspace--they just put it out for acceptance and shock value for their peers.)
Oh. My. Goodness.
I cannot believe...
Um, if I were her dad, I'd lovingly approach her and try to make things right with her.
So sad.
Sorry.
Maybe I am being too harsh on her but if she is in college she should be considered an adult and should be expected to act like one. Doesn't sound like she is getting too much out of the Christian College environment and perhaps Daddy should reconsider paying tuition for someone who is learning to drink, do drugs and shoplift from Wal-mart. Perhaps it is just a case of trying to fit in by writing what she thinks others want to read, I will pray for you, your husband and his daughter, that this will work out.
Post a Comment