My dad has been gone for almost 6 years.
Today as I reflect on Father's Day, it struck me during the sermon that your father leaves a lasting legacy in your heart every waking hour for the rest of your life.
My dad taught me a lot, and it took me many years to fully appreciate him and his life.
He taught me:
How to read a map. Thus I do not get lost. I can find my way out of a bag, and just about anywhere I roam. The only exception is getting lost in Abilene a few weeks ago. I wrote down my daughter's address incorrectly.
To be a good citizen. My dad instilled a strong sense of right and wrong. I obey the laws of the land and try to respect others, my dad was the same.
My dad also loved the political system and took us to a rally once where a young man named George Bush was running for the Senate in Texas. I met him, and remember to this day how kind he was to me. He was also very tall! I also remember my dad was an avid Goldwater fan, and we would discuss politics openly and at an early age.
To love God with all my heart, mind and soul. My dad was not one to openly discuss feelings, but through his actions, I knew he loved the Lord and that God was the main focus of his life. What else can a child ask for?
My dad was a hard worker, he suffered a lot physically in his life, and was handicapped. I never noticed or cared.
Thank you daddy for being you and for living your life in a worthy manner that reflected Jesus in you.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
In memory of my dad.
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sweetheart, that was very nice. I'm glad you remember your Dad fondly. He was definitely responsible for helping make you the great, Godly lady that you are. Your hubby, Rich
Nice tribute to your dad, Hoots. I hope I'm having the same impact on my girls.
That's beautiful.
Very kind tribute to your dad. I am sure he was very proud of you!
Sounds like you had a wonderful dad. My dad died six years ago also and I miss him terribly
Care 54 where are you?
Speaking of missing people; I miss your posting lately.
Perhaps, like me, your taking a summertime break. Let us know how your doing?
Post a Comment