Sorry for the long delay between posting. Much going on in our lives.
We sold our house in three days to a lovely retired couple from the University Church in Abilene. Their daughter lives two houses down, and it is a win-win for everyone. We prayed God would send the right people to us, and He answered our prayer!
Secondly, sweet husband is going on two interviews this week. Yea! I will disclose more when we have a more definitive answer where we will be going. Please pray for him to do well and for us to have a job soon!
Thirdly, my daughter Hillary is in Belgrade, Serbia as a part of a Let's Start Talking Missionary team. She and another gal from ACU are the two there. She is homesick! This weekend she and her compadre went to Greece. I got this from her last night:
Hey fam,
This weekend we're in Thessalonica. People here pronounce it Thessaloniki, weird huh. It's really pretty and a lot cleaner than Belgrade. The food is really good. Tonight for dinner I had stuffed squid. How's that for finicky? We rode the train here Thursday night from Serbia and got here Friday morning. It was like a 16 hour train ride because we had to stop in the borders of Macedonia and Greece to get our passports stamped. Everyone here is really chill, it's really laid back compared to everywhere else. We go back to Serbia tomorrow night and we'll get there Monday morning. And then 10 days after that we're going to London for 3 days to see Prince William, and Big Ben and then 6 days after that I'll be home! I miss home still, but everything in Belgrade is becoming a lot more familiar so it's getting easier. We even have a couple of friends that work on the street that the church is on. One of our friends name is Bojan (pronounced bo-yawn). He's really nice to us, and he tries really hard to speak English. He sells insurance on the street! Our other friends name is Natasha, and she works at the convenience stop next to the church. She says 'hi' whenver we say 'bye' to her, it's really funny. Ok, I guess that's it for now.
Love and miss you,
Hillary
Her brother going to London was news to me, in fact it is part of the parental alienation I posted way back. Son is a senior at ACU and has made the choice not to speak to me in over two years. After reading the email, I replied all to the rest of her family, which included my ex husband.
The dialogue is as follows:
Me: Son is in London?
Ex: He's here now. His plane for Heathrow leaves tomorrow afternoon at 4:30pm.
Me: I had no idea he was even going to London.
Thanks for sharing that info. I will pray for traveling mercies there and during his stay.
Ex: Well Daughter #1 and Daughter #2 were both aware so I figured they would have told you.
Last fall theCollege of Bus Admin put together a killer International Business curriculum at their Oxford Extension Campus for this summer and one of his prof's told son he wanted him to go to it so he signed up. He's apparantly become a favorite of a couple of the Business prof's there at school so I'm glad they're watching out for him.
The top student out of that class will be awarded a 4 week internship with Harte-Hanks Newspapers in Belgium and he really wants to top out in the class and get that job so he could possible be there the whole summer
Me: I would like to be a part of son's life and it ultimately is his responsibility to share his news, being that he is an adult.
Daughter #1 and Daughter #2 do not tell me much about son, so I have gone for over 2 years with catching bits and pieces of his life.
Yes, it makes me sad, but I have done all I can do to mend the relationship and that too is ultimately up to him.
I pray for him every day, and I harbor no ill towards him.
Thanks for the news.
One last thing, on Mother's Day, I went to church with my ex and my girls in Dallas. The preacher's wife came up to me and hugged me and then said, "I know you are so proud of your son, all of his awards and accomplishments that were announced at graduation Friday night." I must have had the deer in the headlights look on my face, as I had no idea what she was talking about. I did not know of a graduation celebration or of any awards. My son was a nominee for Mr. ACU and received some other awards to which I have no clue. I fought back tears the rest of the service...and when the preacher spoke he talked about the mother's who are estranged from their children...open the flood gates of tears. I could not stop crying.
This morning at church, during communion, I made the decision not to focus on my pain where my son is concerned, but to focus on him and his pain. Please pray for him. I do not have any other options and the more that do, the better.
Thanks for reading this long post!
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I've been thinking of your daughter on the LST trip--I have one leaving for 8 weeks tomorrow--she's really excited--I am working on the excitement part--she's been a couple times before--so I should get used to it!
I am so sorry about your son--I will be praying for you. That has to be really hard.
Glad to hear about the interviews!
A Mother's Journey
by David Michael*
Joyful heart, painful heart,
Up and down, out and in,
Life is so difficult
On a rough, rocky road, again.
Loving kindness, cruel rejection,
What is a mother to do?
Love pours out, yet no return,
I pray dear God, for a clue.
Sometimes we feel discarded
When love does not return
Living with despair
What am I supposed to learn?
Keep your sensitive heart open,
Make room for my grace and love
Life is a precarious journey
You are born again, from above.
*written in response to your blog.
Oh man... So sorry, Hoots. Can't imagine.
Congrats on the house! Sounds like life is not dull.
Nancy
Betty, I saw that your kiddos are mission minded too. You, David, and myself have that in common! We did some good things with our children. I will be praying for your daughter too.
David, Tammy Faye alert here. Thank you for you kind heart. I am moved by your poem and your heartfelt words minister to me. Saving your poem and putting it where I can re-read it.
Nancy...life is never dull in our house, but I sure long for some dullness. LOL
Love you guys for your kind words, straight from the heart!
Best of luck to your hubby, Hoots. I hope it works out.
You've got a lot going on in your life. I don't know how you keep it all together!
Post a Comment