I think it is true that each party would like other party canidates to crash and burn. The problem with the Liberals and their hatred of Bush is that all objectivity is lost. A similar circumstance was when President Clinton was having his problems and the rabid right lost all objectivity. There should be respect for the office and prayers lifted up for the one in office, regardless of the person or party.
Regarding Hillary, she is one of the most calculating politicians I have observe. The problem with this is that is that it is difficult to believe that she wants what is best for the country, as oppossed to what is best for her and her elections.
True words David Michael. It bothered me the way some people rejoiced over the public sins of Clinton. It was a shame to him, his family and our nation. No reason for celebration. The problem of rabid reactions is not one sided. All sides have been guilty. I heard out Alabama Democratic nominee for Governor speak and she said, "It's time for the Democrats to get back into power." Then I've heard the Republican Governor say, "I want to serve you for 4 more years." Just on those phrases alone, I choose one who wants to serve over one who wants power.
7 comments:
Great cartoon, Hoots. I agree 100%.
Bingo! Thanks for sharing.
Slam dunk!
I think it is true that each party would like other party canidates to crash and burn. The problem with the Liberals and their hatred of Bush is that all objectivity is lost. A similar circumstance was when President Clinton was having his problems and the rabid right lost all objectivity. There should be respect for the office and prayers lifted up for the one in office, regardless of the person or party.
Regarding Hillary, she is one of the most calculating politicians I have observe. The problem with this is that is that it is difficult to believe that she wants what is best for the country, as oppossed to what is best for her and her elections.
True words David Michael. It bothered me the way some people rejoiced over the public sins of Clinton. It was a shame to him, his family and our nation. No reason for celebration. The problem of rabid reactions is not one sided. All sides have been guilty.
I heard out Alabama Democratic nominee for Governor speak and she said, "It's time for the Democrats to get back into power." Then I've heard the Republican Governor say, "I want to serve you for 4 more years." Just on those phrases alone, I choose one who wants to serve over one who wants power.
I'm afraid that statement is true.
Great post, Hoots.
Post a Comment