Everyone!
What a great weekend. I was pretty much wasted until today. Daughter looked gorgeous both days. It was really neat to see her, her club (Alpha Kai Omega), her room mates and the other candidates all get a long so well. As far as I could tell, no one person was gunning to be queen, all the nominees were thrilled to be on the court and represent ACU.
Friday chapel was good, I enjoyed singing in the Moody. We visited, then went to eat lunch with some really fantastic gals, then the Queen's Tea. That was fun and the girls were all introduced again. The darling granddaughter was there for the day, and she was a delight, waving and telling most she saw, HI! Here is a photo of my son, a senior. The Gdaughter was not real sure about him. She did warm up to him, and I chalked her crying to being tired.

Friday night I cooked a mess of lasagna for the gang, roomies, moms, kids, and other relatives. We retired early to get up the next morning for the Parade. I was amazed at the creativity of all the floats. Here is Daughter's club float. 
Next was Homecoming chapel. My brother, sister-in-law, nephews GF all drove up from San Antonio, my sister came in from Lubbock, and my brother-in-law )ex's bro. and his wife were there for Saturday chapel. 
We ate a quick lunch and dashed to the game, where the Wildcats are 6-0.
The game was good and it was fun to watch all the alumni mingle and reconnect.
The weather was threatening most of the afternoon, and it waited to rain that evening.
I was bushed, but enjoyed every moment.
We are off this week for a family reunion for my father's side of the family. We will be here: www.middle-creek-ranch.com
I Will be leaving my current job towards the end of this month. I have landed a position with a major oil company making $800 more a month! Please contine to pray for my sweetie, he knows his new position is going to happen any day now, because one word from God can change everything, in a second!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
And the winner is...
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
10:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Are you staying in Texas though??
Nancy, it is starting to look more like it. Texas is a good place and it would be even better if my honey got a job here in Midland.
I love all the pics--it looks like you all had sooo much fun at homecoming!
Congrats on the new job--sounds wonderful!!!
Post a Comment