THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Answered Prayer

Through out this journey me and my spouse have been on of late, I have also had the added burden of my son. As a small child, he was the funniest little boy, and as he grew, he became funnier and quite charismatic. I would say he has a lot of emotional intelligence to accompany his high intelligence. He is also a nice looking young man, and the result is a natural leader.

Since his father and I divorced, he has been distant with me, and three years ago, he got mad at me for making a stand, and chose not to speak to me. Now, as a mother, imagine a child you gave birth to, cared for, and loved suddenly no longer wanted to see you, talk to you, and basically you the parent became dead to that child. A difficult place to be.

Of course, I cried a lot, and was sad about his decision and rejection. I wrote him cards, sent him gifts, emails, and finally resorted to leaving voice mails just simply telling him I loved him.

Over a year ago, I was convicted to turn the whole situation over to God. I prayed for him nearly every day, and asked God to change his heart. Trusting and having faith that God would work it out between us was not easy for me, but I knew I had to do it, and I did. I made the decision in my heart and let him go, turning my son over to God.

Thursday night, I had just gone to bed. My cell phone rang, and I glanced at the caller ID, it was my son. At first, I thought something bad had happened, and as he talked, I realized he was calling to tell me he forgave me. He said he knew it would take time for us to re-build our relationship and he asked for time and space. Once I asked him what I could do to make it easier for him, he began to talk and talk and talk. We were on the phone for over 90 minutes.

I will not go into why he called and the reasons because I know God moved him to make things right. I asked him if I could pray for him on the phone, and he said that would be awesome, so I did. God put the words on my heart as I prayed, and I know that this chapter of my life with my son has closed, and a new chapter is being written, a chapter that is bathed in thankfulness and praise to God for restoring our relationship. We are still mother and son, but we are friends.

I give all the thanks, praise and glory to God as one word from him can change everything!

Amen and Amen

6 comments:

jettybetty said...

You have shared this has been a burden for you for a long time--I rejoice and praise God with you because your son is in your life again!

Jeff said...

That is wonderful! What a great testimony to the power of prayer.

Lynn said...

I can only imagine your grief and heartache over the years. Sometimes being the adult and the "mommy" is not the easiest job in the world. I am so happy for you that this reconciliation is started. I pray that your hurts are healed and unconditional love is restored. We all fall short of that mark sometimes. We all need that unconditional love to be a family.

David Michael said...

Praise God! What a beautiful "story." I imagine you had butterflies in your throat before you picked up the phone. Your example of love, patience, and prayer is a blessing!

Danny Sims said...

I love the part about the first chapter being closed and the new chapter beginning.

Wonderful.

Lucy Stern said...

It is amazing when you just turn your problems over to the Lord and let him do his magic. I'm really excited that your prayers were answered and you and your son are on the mend. I will pray for you too. Good luck.