I have been struggling with feeling of low self worth. I struggle with that quite often. I am a people pleaser personality type and if I perceive anyone is upset or mad at me, I want to make things right. There are a few exceptions to that, but not many.
I have been unemployed since the end of February 2005. I left my job with the State Banking Dept. to move to Midland to be with my dear sweet husband full time. The road was okay and living out of a suitcase was not ideal for maintaining a marriage. I resigned and took a job with the local school district and stepped into a land mine. After three days on the job and not being trained and ignored when asking for direction (equivalent of workplace harassment by an insecure office bully), I resigned...which was totally out of my nature. I felt I could land another job quickly but was I wrong. So I say all of that to say this. No matter how low I have become over the course of the past few weeks struggling to find work, God is always there with a message of hope, encouragement and truth. I truly believe He uses people to speak to me. I subscribe to several daily devotions. One is out of New Zealand called the Vine. It reached out of the monitor and slapped me squarely on the face today. It read:
The Word for Today
With Bob Gass
Friday, 15th April 2005
All You Need Is A Seed!
If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move'... and it will. Matthew 17:20 NKJV
When you're battling a mountain of sickness, debt, loneliness or depression, it's easy to harbor self-defeating expectations about how things will turn out based on your past experiences. Also, because we live in a "faithless and perverse generation" (v.17), it means constantly fighting the defeatist attitudes of our culture, media, the educational system, the workplace, and even our friends. Unless you recognize this it can wear you down by diluting and polluting your faith. That's why you need to renew your faith daily by reading God's Word.
Notice that Jesus isn't referring in this verse to a mountain you encountered years ago, or some future issue. No, He said, "Say to this mountain." He wants you to exercise your faith today! Listen again: "If you have faith as a mustard seed...nothing shall be impossible." A mustard seed is so miniscule it can get stuck between your teeth! Yet the Bible says that although it's "the least of all seeds," under the right conditions it can grow into a tree big enough for the birds to nest in ( Matthew 13:32 NKJV).
God-given faith is like a sleeping giant within each of us. When it awakens, miracles happen. If you've one atom of faith left, you have what you need to prevail. But this kind of faith only works when it becomes the language you speak and the attitude you maintain. The enemy doesn't want you to know that, because when you do, you won't just think about what's happening - you'll think about what's possible!
Then I get an email from my husband (who is under a lot of stress at work), it read:
I may be tired and I may be tense, but I still have the Lord, I still have you, I'm still employed and I'm still breathing. So life can't be all that bad. : )
Psalm 37:3-7,13
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
The Lord laughs at the wicked,
for He knows their day is coming."
Well, then I guess God has our back, huh?
We need to ask ourselves (and the Lord) ... what are we to learn from our present situation? I leave you with that, Sweetheart. I love you.
And another message of prophecy from a lady in Colorado:
Small Straws In A Soft Wind
by Marsha Burns
April 15, 2005: Your emotions are like the weather; wait and it will change. Do not take yourself too seriously. You have been bombarded with input that you don't know how to respond to. Be still and wait for this to pass before you make and decisions or value judgments based on your current experience. You will soon come back into a healthy spiritual balance, and will begin to flourish and grow. For now, quiet your soul and refuse to overreact to that which is presented in your environment.
God is so good! All the TIME!
Friday, April 15, 2005
God knows what I need at just the right time
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment