I get several daily devotionals in my email inbox daily. This one is a prophecy
Since I met Rich, his job situation has been: no job, minimum paying job, stressful job on a sinking ship, and now; a good job with extreme micromanagement, and mean spirited individuals who daily run good people off and just casually state, "they needed to go, they were dead wood." We also deal with the pending possibility of his job being eliminated as they are hiring at the corporate level the same type of job as he has in the field. There have been rumblings these corporate people would be responsible for all the buying thus no need for the field people.
That brings us back to possibly looking at unemployment and being over 50, not a good combination.
We lean on God, but underneath, me especially, I remain fearful of losing the house, and living in a van, down by the river and being a bad motivational speaker.
This little prophecy snippet today calms my spirit and states that life is a moment by moment experience and I need to quit focusing on the next challenge. I also need to be patient and take pleasure in my daily life and not worry about tomorrow.
Here is the email, see if this applies to you too:
June 3, 2005: I want you to enjoy the flow of life, of moving from one challenge to another, for I will lead you from strength to strength, victory to victory, and glory to glory. Do not be impatient in trying to quickly finish up one phase so that you can move on to the next stage of growth and development. Rather, take pleasure in the process, not seeing your life in terms of starts and stops, but when you abide in Me, you are in a continual stream of mercy, favor and grace. I have begun a good work in you, and I will bring it to completion and perfection, says the Lord. Fear not!
Friday, June 03, 2005
Enjoying life minus the Fear!
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
9:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey! I am blog hopping today and found this... I think that definitely applies to probably all American Christians. THanks for sharing... Cute baby!
Karen,
I have been in David's situation many times. My prayers are with your family. Haven't you heard, 50 is the new 40! (:
Post a Comment