Hunnie leaves for Kansas City Thursday.
I have my daughter to thank...
Daughter has a Myspace account. A few weeks ago she called and told me to go look on her account and see who she had added as a friend. Lo and behold, it was a friend from her childhood, April. April's mom and I were close friends back in the late 1980's and early 90's. We drifted apart when both of us went through divorce and had no idea where the other was.
I emailed Susan (April's mom), and she wrote me back! We talked on the phone and after 10 years, picked right up where we left off. It was awesome. Susan was a dear friend to me who taught me about more to the spiritual world than my own tribe, the Church of Christ. She taught me how to paing on clothing, which resulted in a home based business for me that was quite successful. Susan also drug me to Precept Bible Study classes, and I discovered the Word in a beautiful and everlasting way. I have so much to be thankful to Susan for enriching my life by sharing her love and talents.
Back to the story, Susan's son has a roofing business. She and all 3 of her children work for her oldest son. She asked me about my husband, and I told her he had been let go. One thing led to the next, and sweetie is going to Kansas City on Thursday to learn how to estimate and sell roofs.
Please pray for housing first and foremost, and for sales to be good soon!
We are sending him off on a wing, a prayer and a couple of spare $100 bills.
Please pray for us as he undertakes this and as I stay behind with the dog.
I will continue to work at CW and hold the fort down here in the dusty basin.
God works and we want to see way down the road, when He says, enjoy the ride!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Job Update
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
10:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm praying for success in God's way and in God's time. He is faithful even when we are not. It's not a fluke that an answer to your prayers came through an old Christian friend. He introduced you years ago because he knew that this day would come.
Amazing isn't He?
Update:
No room at the inn.
If we had about $2000 upfront, we could swing sending hunnie up to KC,MO. The cheapest place to stay is $97 a night!
Campgrounds wont allow a tent, and the church there did not know of anything either.
Back to square one.
Please pray for us!
That is interesting! Keep us posted.
Um, when I first read that post, I thought you meant your friend taught you how to "paint on clothing" like wear skin-tight clothes that look painted on.
:) LOL!
I have chased storms in Nebraska, Maryland, Dallas, and a few other places. My best storm was Nebraska where I made 62K in 5 months. Tough work, but if it is a "no questions asked" storm, which means the hale is large enough to show damage, and their are enough claims, he can make money!
Hail, not hale, or Hale for hail, or Hail of a hell storm, or something like that!:)
hoping something opens up soon!
Keep the faith. THE right thing will come along. God will not fail.
Post a Comment