THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Home from Sweet Alabama and more









Alabama was nice. After the interview, we went to Gulf Shores and walked on the beach. The next day we moseyed home via I-10 and went to Ocean Springs, Mississippi and then over to Gulfport via I-10 as the Hwy 90 bridge was a goner, thanks to Katrina.

As we drove along the stetch of Highway 90, I was blown away (pardon my pun) at the destruction I saw, and that was almost a year out. Stately mansions, restaurants, hotels, gone for 3 blocks back from the highway. It was eerily serene and I felt like I was in a cemetery...very hard to describe.

See the above photos.

After Katrina, we drove up Hwy. 49 to Hattiesburg and on to Jackson, MS where we spent the night and on to Texas the next day. Over all, it was a nice trip and we enjoyed the time together. We don't really want to move to Mobile, Alabama as there were some major red flags during the interview that indicated the company may close up at some point and move all operations to China.

Rich has a phone interview tomorrow for a company in Nashville, Tenn and a face to face locally for an oil servcing company. In spite of all the recent changes, we are at peace because we have almost paid off all our debt, and Rich is getting unemployment which affords him time to look for a job and not have to take the first thing. God is very good and we are very grateful that God loves us in spite of our goofs and messes.

By the way, here is a photo of my son and daughter taken at her formal for her club at ACU. I did not recognize my son, as he has cut his hair! Please keep him in prayer, as I would love to sit down and visit with him and have a relationship with him. My daughter is such a beauty, isn't she?

3 comments:

David Michael said...

Great post! It is so interesting to hear from a traveler about the devastation of Katrina.

It sounds like things are going in the right direction. Beautiful children!

Fred said...

I went to Gulf Shores a month before Ivan hit. It's a great place to relax.

Nice pictures, Hoots. Sorry to hear of the strained relationship with your son; I hope you two can work it out.

Lucy Stern said...

Both of your kids are very good looking. I will keep you in my prayers.

Your Heavenly Father will help you to find the right job. Good luck.

My daughter had to work in Bolixi Mississippi a couple of months ago and she was also "blown away" by the destruction. Mother Nature takes no mercy. We are all at her beck and call.