
I got a call late last evening, and ignored my cell phone thinking it was a friend wanting to talk and I was very tired. Sweetie got up and checked my cell, it was from the youngest daughter.
I called her back and she was so excited, and said, "GUESS WHAT MOM? Ugh, you are getting married? No, I got kidnapped tonight at club and blindfolded....they took me on a ride and I was taken to a room. Finally, they took the blindfolds off and told us, (there were other girls in the room just as puzzled as YD (youngest daughter)...You are nominated to be on the Homecoming Court. I was so happy for her and equally excited.
YD gave me the low down on the weekend:
-Chapel where her brother will escort her as she is presented to the student body as a nominee
-Queen's tea, by invitation only! (What am I going to wear??)
-Homecoming parade where YD will be on the back of a convertible practicing her Miss America wave
-Free tickets to the football game and half-time crowning.
I asked her if she thought she had a chance to win, and she said, "Nah, the coolest thing is being nominated by my friends."
I had to share, and if any of you are in Abilene, at ACU's Homecoming weekend, look for the beaming mom!
PS....Nancy, Coutney is the handsome guy. He is just a friend...a cute one!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Exciting News!
Posted by
Hoots Musings
at
6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is sooooo exciting!!!
So... Who's the handsome guy?
Your daughter has a beautiful smile. I know you are just as excited as she is. It' fun sharing all the fun times with our kids. It makes being a mom all that more worth while. Have fun and cross your fingers that she might actually win.
That is fun! I was, fortunately, never nominated for Homecoming Queen.
Hey, I replied to your comment on my blog (the one about Columbus Ave. Church)... You might find it funny. Then again maybe not.
I would have put this comment on your most recent post (about your friend's passing) but tossing out a funny one did not seem appropriate. Sorry to hear about your friend but happy for your daughter & you.
She's gonna win! She's gonna win!
Post a Comment